FW: Exception handling in kaffe

Ulli Kortenkamp kortenkamp at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Dec 9 08:30:04 PST 1998

    Edouard> Humm, looks like lost the current stackFrame.  Could you send
    Edouard> the result of LostFrame class ?
    Edouard>
    Edouard> I guest the result should be "FAIL" for you.

No. It passes. But I found the problem, see below.

    Edouard> An other guest: you use Linux-2.1 with glibc2 on i386.

No, Linux-2.0.36 with glibc2 on i686.

The result is PASS if I compile the source with javac, the result is
FAIL if I compile the source with jikes ! So there seems to be a
problem with the jikes bytecode (I heard rumours that jikes produces
valid, but different, bytecode, and that some VM's have problems with
it. Now I know which VM has the problems).

I'll recompile now with javac and see what happens.

Thanks so far,

Ulli