FW: Exception handling in kaffe

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Wed Dec 9 10:39:49 PST 1998

Ulli Kortenkamp writes:
> The result is PASS if I compile the source with javac, the result is
> FAIL if I compile the source with jikes ! So there seems to be a
> problem with the jikes bytecode (I heard rumours that jikes produces
> valid, but different, bytecode, and that some VM's have problems with
> it. Now I know which VM has the problems).
>
> I'll recompile now with javac and see what happens.

Hang on.. there still could be a problem with kaffe.

If you have the time, could you do the following?

 - Figure out the smallest example that exhibits the problem

 - Send the class file(s), and corresponding bytecode produced
   by jikes, to this list

Then we can determine if it's a jikes or kaffe problem.

Thanks,
-Archie