static executable w/DLL's

Dirk Grunwald grunwald at pa.dec.com
Thu Dec 31 18:21:58 PST 1998

--

Cool, I'll probably do this tomorrow. The problem that I have is that
I want a compact executable, and I'm only using a small part of e.g.,

I'm also find that in my environment (modified linux 2.0.30 kernel on
an itsy plam-top computer, but roughly equiv to a strongarm
netwinder), it's very difficult to debug DLL's.

If the application calls a symbol that hasn't been resolved (perhaps
because of a missing symbol or version conflict), the application just
dies w/o warning. Very hard to debug particularly since GDB sucks on
the netwinder.

At the moment, pop-up menus crash my Java system when using DLL's, but
not when using statically linked libraries. Ah life.