static executable w/DLL's

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Thu Dec 31 11:33:37 PST 1998

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Dirk Grunwald wrote:

> At the moment, pop-up menus crash my Java system when using DLL's, but
> not when using statically linked libraries. Ah life.

	I had a similar problem a long time ago, and it ended up
	being one of the DLLs linking a non-PIC library ( something like
	libawt.so linking libjpeg.a ).

	Unfortunately the compiler/linker does not give any error in
	this case (I still think it should, since the application
	it's going to crash anyway ): and the only thing you can do
	is debug.

-- Raffaele