malformed floating point number

Parmelan, Edouard EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com
Wed Dec 2 07:32:19 PST 1998

Godmar, Alice,

>  Alice,  these appear to be compiler bugs or incompatibilities.
> Since kaffe uses the pizza compiler, it would be best to direct them
> at pizza at cis.unisa.edu.au.
No, pizza use Double.valueOf().

> > When I compile a line with for example "a = 0.2F", I've got the error
> > "malformed floating point number".
> > If I put "a = 0.2f", it's good. "f" and "F" should be accepted,
shouldn't
> > they ?
> >
> > "a = 0.2d" is not accepted but it is with the jdk. Is it normal ?

The following patch accept F, d and D as legal double suffixies.

I also append the DoubleBug.java that reveals this bug.

Edouard.
---
Edouard.Parmelan at France.NCR.COM
-----
 <<kaffe-double.diff>>  <<DoubleBug.java>>