Compiling kaffe on win32

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Sun Dec 27 19:07:27 PST 1998

On Dec 27, 1998, pmondon <pmondon at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> I wanted to compile the kaffe-snap from the Decembre 27 on win98.

> It seems that the error arrives when creating the java_lang_Cloneable.h
> file with kaffeh.exe  :
> [main] C:\KAFFE-SNAP\KAFFE\KAFFEH\KAFFEH.EXE 9562 (0) handle_exceptions:
> Except
> on: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> [main] KAFFEH 9562 (0) handle_exceptions: Dumping stack trace to
> KAFFEH.EXE.core

> Does any one have any response for that problem.

Yep.  The problem is that KAFFEH doesn't open the zip file with
O_BINARY, so it finds some ^Z at some point and takes it as an EOF.
I've got a patch for some file within kaffe/kaffeh that fixes this
problem, but I won't be able to post it before Jan 4 :-(

The fix was to replace the pointer to open in the I/O interface with
another function that would call open with mode|O_BINARY.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}