malloc question

e. lambrecht eml at enws786.eas.asu.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:29:32 PST 1998

> Others watching this list will have to comment on whether there is a way
> to explicitly release a gc_malloc'ed chunk without waiting for garbage
> collection.

I actually misspoke.. malloc is #defined to gc_malloc_fixed(), and
free is #defined to gc_free(). I don't actually think memory allocated
this way is subject to garbage processing, and [upon examining the
code] it does appear that the gc_free() frees up the allocated memory.

Did I mention I'm doing this on a Linux system (redhat 5.0, kernel
2.0.31)? If that makes a difference...

Eric..