does Kaffe speak https?

Michael R. Harper mikihasa at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 17 02:27:15 PST 1998

Has anyone in Kaffeland used it to communicate with https?  I want to
submit a POST request to a https server from a http server (wait, can I
do this?) and I am wondering if URLconnection will be able to
communicate at the SSL level.

Sun sent a cryptic response on this topic.  It seems that if I am
willing to pay money they might be able to help.  There is also
something about export of the https technology to other countries.

I was also referred to a book published by O'Reilly named "Network
Programming with Java".  I searched the book's index at
http://www.oreilly.com and did not find https or ssl in it.

Sincerely,

Michael R. Harper
mikihasa at worldnet.att.net