BadFloatTest fails with 0.10.1

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Tue Jul 14 16:13:16 PDT 1998

 Charlie,

given that 1.0.0b1 was just released, and that support for Sun's classes.zip
is likely to vanish in the future, you might be wasting your energy on
fixing these kinds of bugs in a pre 1.0 based system.  Then again, I don't
know your individual needs.

Anyway: I saw that message when porting Kaffe to the ARM, and I think
it indicates problems with the way floating point numbers are represented and
converted.

That is, the problem might lie in LongtoDoubleBits or DoubleToLongBits
in Double.c.  If you enable DEBUG, you can use the test cases
TestNative.c/TestNative.java which I wrote for just that purpose.

It is also possible that the system dependent syscall macro in i386/common.h
doesn't work on NT.  You can double check that by adding printf to it
and printing the float and double values that are passed and received.

Hope that helps,

	Godmar