java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

Alicia da Conceicao alicia at cyberstation.ca
Mon Jul 27 22:24:18 PDT 1998

Help:

I've recently compiled the kaffe snap from 25 July 1998, on my NetBSD-i386
version 1.32 computer, without any errors, and installed it.  After that I
was able to use kaffe's javac program to sucessfully compile a few applets,
which I tested under Netscape and Sun's JDK appletviewer.  However, when I
run "gmake test" for kaffe, I get the following errors:

	*** Running tests
	error running
	  Should have got:
	Hello World!
	  But got instead:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HelloWorldApp
	HelloWorldApp ... error running
	  Should have got:
	Hello World!
	  But got instead:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: HelloWorldApp
	TestIntLong ... error running
	  Should have got:
	Some mathmatical tests
	Results Good
	  But got instead:
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TestIntLong
	... (and so on)

As you can see, all of the above errors are java.lang.ClassNotFoundException.
And when I attempt to use kaffe's appletviewer to run applets, which I can
run under Netscape and Sun's JDK, I get the kaffe appletviewer window, with
nothing in it except the text "invalid code" in the status bar, and the
following errors in the shell prompt that spawned it:

	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: games
	        at kaffe/awt/AppletViewer.<init>(86)
	        at kaffe/awt/AppletViewer.main(266)
	java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: games
	        at kaffe/awt/AppletViewer.<init>(86)
	        at kaffe/awt/AppletViewer.main(266)

I've set up all of the properly environment variables including: $PATH,
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and $CLASSPATH (which include Klasses.jar & pizza.jar).
And after going through the source trees and mailing list archives, I still
can't find a way to fix this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Sincerely, Alicia.