Biss JDE ?

Peter C.Mehlitz peter at transvirtual.com
Fri Jul 17 03:42:56 PDT 1998

This is a quick hack to make the "standard" JDE work (sorry, no patch file):

1) remove the <biss>/lib/java/awt directory
It contains JDK fixes (EventQueue and Container) which are obslete since
JDK 1.1.3, I guess. Of course, this doesn't ko-exist with the kafe classes

2) class biss.awt.ScrollablePane, method setTitle() (line 272) should read:
 ..
 if ( (t != null) && isShowing() ) {
 ..

That brings up the JDE on my machine. However, it's always a good idea to look
for your own bugs before complaining about somebody else - the thing reveals an
minor isVisible() problem in the kaffe classes. Patch will follow soon.

Peter