alignment problem ?

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Fri Jul 17 17:55:40 PDT 1998

Hello there,

I found this problem and I don't know where to look.
Can anybody help me ?

I'm trying to build kaffe 1.0b1 on an Arm/Linux box. I changed a few
things here and there and I made it compile.

Now, everything seems to work, apart for what it seems to be a data
alignment problem. I'm having troubles with pizza, that claims it
cannot load the class libraries. I isolated the problem, that is in
the ZipFile native class. ZipFile.getEntry0 returns a ZipEntry object,
but the Java methods get wrong data.

It seems that Java long (long long) are expected to be aligned to 8 bytes,
when fetched with a getfield, while the ZipEntry structure has mixed jint
and jlong so that the Java methods in ZipFile get all the data screwed up.
I put some dummy fields in the ZipEntry structure and I was able to
correctly get the data from the Java part, but this is just a dirty trick,
and there are still things that aren't working.

Anybody can think of where I should look ?

Thanks,
	Raffaele