Building Kaffe 1.0b1 on Win95 with CygWin32

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Wed Jul 22 09:28:50 PDT 1998

 Stan,

> I would suggest that there will never be such a patch, since the underlying
> file system on Windoze is case-insensitive, and that you would be better
> served by changing the name of one of the [Ss]ystem.h files.

We have heard about that problem (I remember the Math.h/math.h issue).

If that's the solution, then so be it.  What I think is needed is for someone
to write it all up, give a detailed list of the patches, file renames and
so on, send them to the list so that they can be included in the snapshots.
If that doesn't happen, it will never be fixed.

Sometimes people send fixes to the mailing list and wonder why they never
show up in the distribution.  I believe the reason for that is that the
fixes are (sometimes, but rarely) wrong, but often it's that they are
incomplete, uncommented, unexplained, or unmotivated.

	- Godmar