Porting 1.0.b1 to hpux 10.10

evenh at pvv.ntnu.no evenh at pvv.ntnu.no
Sat Jul 25 06:14:03 PDT 1998

On Fri, Jul 24, 1998 at 09:55:49AM +0100, Pavel.Roskin at ecsoft.co.uk wrote:
> HP-UX has a buggy linker which writes names of libraries how they appear in
> its command line. There is an excellent tool for building of shared
> libraries, namely libtool (ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/libtool-1.2b.tar.gz).
> When used with automake, libtool always recompiles executables after
> libraries are installed (on UP-UX, of course). You may also read "man ld"
> and fiddle with +b +s -s -b etc. You may also try "ln -s". Ln is much more
> powerful than ld :-)))

I tried to get libtool to work, but I can't figure out how to do it...

But I've discovered that if I added LDFLAGS='-Wl,+b $(libdir)' to the
Makefile then it build this one correct. But this seems to work since
it's gcc which is the base command for linking this time...

> I also have problem with threads on HP-UX 10.20. What I would propose is
> "./configure --with-threads=unix-internal". After that you would have an
> error like "sysdepCallMethod is not found in shared libraries".

And as you can see from my other mail, I get this and I don't use
unix-internal!

> Then write sysdepCallMethod in pure HPPA assembler and be happy :-)

And what should be the contents of this one?

> I hope, it should be possible to write this function in C using some gcc
> internals (see varargs.h). I'm working on it in the moment.

And how much time before you are finished?

Regards,
Even Holen
--
<><   Even Holen, evenh at pvv.ntnu.no, http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~evenh/   :-)