java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: initializeSystemClass

Alicia da Conceicao alicia at cyberstation.ca
Sun Jun 28 16:17:15 PDT 1998

Help:

I've recently compiled the lastest version of kaffe (0.10.1) on my i386
NetBSD box, and did everything according to instructions.  It configured,
built (make netbsd), and installed without any errors.  I also took my
classes.zip file from my working JDK1.15, and along with klasses.zip, I
put it into:

	"/usr/local/lib/kaffe/"

My PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, CLASSPATH, KAFFE_CLASSPATH, and KAFFEHOME are
all set to their proper locations.

However when I run kaffe or the appletviewer I get the error message:

	java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: initializeSystemClass

I even get this error when I do a simple "make test" on the distribution
tree.  What am I doing wrong?

According to the Change Log:

Thu Mar  6 22:53:51 1997  Per Bothner  <bothner at deneb.cygnus.com>

        Various changes for Java 1.1 support, enabled by USING_JDK_1_1.
        * kaffe/kaffvm/baseClasses.c:  Explicitly load java.lang.System
        as new variable SystemClass, and call initialzeSystemClass.

The newly created variable SystemClass would likely have something to do
with my problem, but I am not sure what I need to do to fix it.

Sincerely, Alicia.