Untaring question

Fazal Haffejee fah_tam at istar.ca
Fri Jun 26 10:48:20 PDT 1998

My last email indicated I had trouble running the make portion of the install.  Since then I had decided to start from scratch so I "untared" the file on BSDI 2.1 and got the following message:

kaffe-0.10.1/test/regression/ttest.java
kaffe-0.10.1/test/regression/tthrd1.java
kaffe-0.10.1/test/HelloWorldApp.java
kaffe-0.10.1/test/Makefile.in
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: ustar vol 1, 567 files, 2211840 bytes read.

ATTENTION! tar archive volume change required.
Ready for archive volume: 2
Input archive name or "." to quit tar.
Archive name >

I am not sure what Archive name I am suppose to type.  Any random name comes back with an error and when I type "." I get a warning: tar: Premature end of file on archive read tar: WARNING! These patterns were not matched:

I am not familiar with a mulitple archived volumes.  Is there another switch
other than "xvf" I should be using.  The man pages don't seem to have
anything.  I did not originally untar this file so this the first time I
have seen this.

Another question I have is how much space is required for me to compile this baby.  I have a 15meg quota.

Thanks for the previously mentioned suggestions.

Fazel H
fah_tam at istar.ca