Install Problems on BSDI BSD/OS 2.1

Fazal Haffejee fah_tam at istar.ca
Fri Jun 26 08:53:50 PDT 1998

Hi I am a student trying to get Kaffe up and running on a BSDI 2.1 machine for a project but when I run the make file I get the following error:
travel2: {5} % make install
test -d /usr/home/project/kaffevm/include/kaffe || mkdir -p /usr/home/project/ka
ffevm/include/kaffe
for i in jtypes.h ; do  /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 $i /usr/home/project/kaffevm/
include/kaffe/$i ; done
for i in native.h  jsyscall.h  Arrays.h  java_lang_Object.h  java_lang_String.h
 java_lang_Throwable.h  java_lang_Thread.h  java_lang_ThreadGroup.h ; do  /usr/b
in/install -c -m 644 ./$i /usr/home/project/kaffevm/include/kaffe/$i ; done
for i in native net zip math; do (cd $i && make install) || exit 1 ; done
"Makefile", line 132: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
travel2: {6} %
If you notice it says an error occurred at line 132 and needs sometype of operator.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I ran configure with the following option: configure --prefix=/usr/home/project/kaffevm
and everything seemed to go along smoothly.

Thanks in advance
Fazel