is Biss 0.94 Kaffe 0.9x compatible?

Tim Wilkinson tim at transvirtual.com
Sat Mar 28 11:05:12 PST 1998

Godmar Back wrote:

> As an aside, how come Transvirtual didn't choose kore for as an
> unencumbered starting point for their libraries.  I think it has a
> commercializable BSD copyright?  Or was it for technical reasons, such
> as kore's "minimize native methods" philosophy?

Not technical reasons so much as practical ones - I've wrote a 1.0.2
class library set about 18 months back (just before 1.1 was announced)
and since this already worked with Kaffe it was easier to upgrade it
than anything else.

Cheers
Tim

--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel:     +1 510 704 1660
  Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.,	Fax:     +1 510 704 1893
  Berkeley, CA, USA.                    Email:   tim at transvirtual.com