Thread support in 0.10 on OpenBSD

Tony Juricic tonko at evcom.net
Tue Mar 31 11:56:37 PST 1998

> I'm running an OpenBSD(i386) machine, and have had trouble using Kaffe
> starting with .091.  I recently pulled down the 0.10 distribution, and
> compiled cleanly, however executing kaffe simply exits.
>
> I started stepping through the code, and find that it blows up when
> trying to start the finalizer thread (the first thread activation in the
> system).
>
> At this point, it calls (*Kaffe_ThreadInterface.create()).

I can not help you since I am still struggling with clean compilation
of 0.10.0 under Cygwin32, but it might be of general interest to know that
preceding version 0.9.2, compiled under Cygwin32, crashes in the same function.

I even managed to find the precise place in code ( there are more
functions called by finalizer thread creation) but as yet I am too
inexpert with Cygnus Gdb on PC to be able to analyse it further
and hopefully even suggest a fix.

Tony