JNI implementation

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Mon May 25 15:00:42 PDT 1998

> Is anybody working on JNI for kaffe ? It seems that it is reserved for
> 1.0 not-exactly-free release, but if it could be completed by net people
> beforehand, transvirtual could focus on other things.

 Artur,

I am not working on JNI, but I know that transvirtual already has a
JNI implementation, but it isn't in the public cvs repository yet.
I know that because Tim is already not fixing bugs in the current repository
that will be easier to fix using JNI.  (Case in point: Method.invoke()
which does not currently catch exceptions)

I am not sure what you mean by "1.0 not-exactly-free" release: I was under
the impression that 1.0 will have the same license as 0.10.0, i.e., GPL.
Do you mean by "not-exactly-free" the restrictions that GPL imposes
compared to a BSD-style license or are you implying that you have information
that 1.0 will have a different license than GPL?

	- Godmar