problems running kaffe

Zachariah Baum zack at studioarchetype.com
Wed Nov 11 10:59:02 PST 1998

I'm attempting to run kaffe on a Linux 2.0.33 machine.  I did the full install,
  added /usr/local/share/kaffe/lib/i386-linux to /etc/ld.so.conf,
  /usr/local/lib is already in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but running kaffe with a
  class file as an argument gives the error:

/usr/local/bin/Kaffe: can't resolve symbol 'getClassWithLoader'

What library contains this function?  Is this a java error or a shared library
  error?  I get this error with my regular CLASSPATH, as well as if my
  CLASSPATH is set to "." (where the class file is).

Any ideas?
--

                          Yes is a BARGAIN
                          No is a TURNOFF  - Wire