jni for win32

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Sun Nov 15 23:08:55 PST 1998

 I'd say that's a good idea certainly worth exploring, although the
usual concerns wrt to licensing and open source apply.

I haven't heard one way or the other whether JNI works on Cygwin32.
Aside from bugs, there's no reason it shouldn't.  Possible problems might
lie in the JNI functions that attach and detach native threads from the VM
-- this is something we do not support.

	- Godmar