Solaris 2.5.1 problems

peter at transvirtual.com peter at transvirtual.com
Sun Nov 22 21:46:05 PST 1998

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Mike Boilen wrote:
>(Kaffe uses some value that is initialized to something along the lines
>of MAX_INT rather than a sane value like size of screen).  BTW the
>dimensions of the window created are something like 15000x20 (where 20
>is the size of the window title bar)

Really strange.. What are the values passed into wnd.c, createWindow() ?

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Ron Searls wrote:
>I hadn't tried Open Windows; interestingly enough, it fails in the same
>way, although the right-hand side of the drawn windows appear to have no
>limit.  CDE at least conforms the window to the current screen size.
>
>Do you have a simple Frame test application?  Right now, I'm trying to port
>Kaffe,

Use something simple like:

import java.awt.*;
public class FrameTest {
  public static void main ( String[] args ) {
    Frame f = new Frame( "test");
    f.setSize( 200, 200);
    f.setVisible( true);
    System.out.println( f.getBounds());
  }
}

Again, the first thing to do is to check if a wrong size is passed into the
native lib ( createWindow() and/or wndSetFrameBounds()).

-- Peter