Solaris 2.5.1 problems

Mike Boilen mgb at cs.brown.edu
Mon Nov 23 08:32:02 PST 1998

I have a similar problem with afterstep under solaris 2.6.  I just tried
it with fvwm and I have similar problems.  I remember investigating the
problem using gdb a little while ago, and it appears that something
isn't initialized correctly when using the solaris version of Kaffe
(Kaffe uses some value that is initialized to something along the lines
of MAX_INT rather than a sane value like size of screen).  BTW the
dimensions of the window created are something like 15000x20 (where 20
is the size of the window title bar).  Sorry I can't be of more help.
Oh ya, and the size is the only thing screwed up in my case (or at least
as far as I can tell).

Mike