Bugs to this list? Here we go ... :)
holger.klawitter at gmx.de
Fri Oct 23 00:38:26 PDT 1998
I tried to run kaffe on SunOS (Sparc, 5.5.1) and Linux (i386, 2.0.35, libc)
and I had a couple of problems with the AWT:
* All Frames Pupup with geometry 20,000 x 2 no matter what size
they have been set to (yes, I checked against deprecated code).
* Tons of warnings when including Xlib.h (might be the reason
for the problem before).
* Buttons which were set unusable were still usable.
* The attributes of the GridBagConstraints seem to have different
integer values then the JDK AWT with the effect that classes
compiled with JDK look wrong under kaffe and vice versa.
* My program (running smoothly but darn slow under JDK) stops
apparently in random places (probably due to garbage collecting)
and stalls until it receives some X events.
* By the way, under Kaffe the program is not a single bit faster
than under JDK; is this due to the heavy usage of the AWT.
So much for the bad news: I use GJ instead of pizza which runs totally
fine under kaffe.
Holger Klawitter http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~holger
holger.klawitter at gmx.de http://wwwmath.uni-muenster.de/~holger
More information about the kaffe