Bugs to this list? Here we go ... :)

Holger Klawitter holger.klawitter at gmx.de
Fri Oct 23 00:38:26 PDT 1998

Hi there,

I tried to run kaffe on SunOS (Sparc, 5.5.1) and Linux (i386, 2.0.35, libc)
and I had a couple of problems with the AWT:

SunOS 5.5.1:
*	All Frames Pupup with geometry 20,000 x 2 no matter what size
	they have been set to (yes, I checked against deprecated code).
*	Tons of warnings when including Xlib.h (might be the reason
	for the problem before).

Linux:
*	Buttons which were set unusable were still usable.
*	The attributes of the GridBagConstraints seem to have different
	integer values then the JDK AWT with the effect that classes
	compiled with JDK look wrong under kaffe and vice versa.
*	My program (running smoothly but darn slow under JDK) stops
	apparently in random places (probably due to garbage collecting)
	and stalls until it receives some X events.
*	By the way, under Kaffe the program is not a single bit faster
	than under JDK; is this due to the heavy usage of the AWT.

So much for the bad news: I use GJ instead of pizza which runs totally
fine under kaffe.

Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                    http://www.icsi.berkeley.edu/~holger