AWT problem on linux

Peter C. Mehlitz peter at transvirtual.com
Mon Sep 7 16:30:10 PDT 1998

On Mon, 07 Sep 1998, gelderk at natlab.research.philips.com wrote:
>> 	The problem is that in kaffe the invalidate method does not
>> seem to work: if I call invalidate() and then I query the state
>> through isValid() right away, it returns true (when it should return

For now, just modify Component

 void validate () { doLayout(); }

I'm not yet sure if it makes sense to mimic the invalidate / validate scheme.
Since setBounds() automatically calls invalidate(), this mainly seems to be a
rather complicated mechanism for the same effect (that only makes sense in case
you cache previously computed preferredSizes - but this isn't defined in the
specs).

-- Peter