Integrating JIT with interpreter

Senthil Kumar skumars at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 4 13:46:11 PDT 1998

I was just lookin at some of the message in the kaffe archive,
wherin someone expressed interest in selectively interpreting/
compiliing methods.

It was pointed out that a ton of work would be needed to
achieve this, the problem being something to do with handling
exceptions and taking care of the dispatch tables.

I am interested in putting the JIT and the interpreter together,
and am curious to know if this is still the case, i.e. it is too
hard to even worth trying?

Could someone give me a walkthrough of the stuff that will
need to get done for this to happen. The more detailed the better.

thanks,
Senthil