ARM port

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Fri Sep 18 12:19:30 PDT 1998

On Fri, 18 Sep 1998, Dirk Grunwald wrote:

> ./configure --prefix=/home/grunwald/Kaffe/itsy-install \
> 	--enable-staticlib --with-engine=intrp \
>         --host=arm-linux --without-x

> (a) anyone hacking on arm?

	Yap! I did the (very few) changes to make the ARM port
	working on Linux (for NetWinder). I'm not really doing
	too much with it, but I keep updating my sources and
	making sure they still works (and they still do :)

	The default configuration for Linux is already
	interpreter/static build, so that shouldn't be your problem
	( I have the changes to enable dynamic libraries - one of
	these days I have to post them ).

	I never tried the --without-x option, but I cannot see how
	that can generated your problem.

> (b) do you see this problem?

	Nope. As said before, Kaffe on NetWinder works very fine.

	I don't know how much Linux for Itsy is different for
	Linux for NetWinder, but if you are using ELF and you
	want to give it a try I can generate a static version
	of Kaffe and make it available for you (actually, if
	you show me you Itsy, I can bring it over :)

-- Raffaele