[Re: Kaffe 1.0beta1 on RedHat Linux 5.1]

satya seshu kumar dammu seshukumar49 at netscape.net
Thu Sep 17 00:03:30 PDT 1998

>kaffe at rufus.w3.org wrote:
>I wrote:
>
>> satya seshu kumar dammu <seshukumar49 at netscape.net> writes:
>
>> >      r.exec("/bin/ls > /home/seshu/zzz ");
>
>> This is not supposed to work.  Redirection is performed by a shell,
>> but r.exec won't run a shell.  If you want shell processing, run:
>
>> r.exec(new String[] { "/bin/sh", "-c", "/bin/ls > /home/seshu/zzz" });
>
>Godmar Back <gback at cs.utah.edu> writes:
>
> Well, if it runs under Sun's JDK (read: Sun fires off a shell in exec)
>
>It does not.  I've tested it with Sun JDK 1.1.6 for Solaris/sparc.
>
>--
>Alexandre Oliva
>mailto:oliva at dcc.unicamp.br mailto:aoliva at acm.org
>http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva
>Universidade Estadual de Campinas, SP, Brasil

i agree with Olivia...... cause i am experiencing
the same results reported by her

thannks for all the people who helped me in this issue.

enjoy java-linux,
--seshu

satya seshu kumar D |408.733.2589|seshukumar49 at netscape.net
              http://www.cslab.uky.edu/~ksdamm0

" Between stimulus and response we have space,
  And in that space we make a decision,
  And in that decision reveals our character "
                   -quoted from covey's "first things first"