static linking

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Fri Apr 9 21:11:05 PDT 1999

On Apr  9, 1999, Kiyo Inaba <inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp> wrote:

> also have to specify --disable-shared, and let this ML know
> this. At least in m68k/netbsd, I have to do so, and I think this
> is a bug in libtools.

Do you *still* have to do it?  I have fixed the libtool problem that
caused it to think it could create shared libraries when it did not
know how to do it, so if you update your CVS tree or get release
1.0b4, the problem should be fixed.  Please let me know if this is not
the case.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Brasil
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}