FYI: kaffe fails to compile

Holger Eitzenberger eitz at weh.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Apr 11 11:03:02 PDT 1999

On Sun, Apr 11, 1999 at 11:11:44AM -0600, Godmar Back wrote:
> your subject says that Kaffe fails to compile, but your mail seems to
> indicate it compiles, but doesn't run?  I'm confused.
> If it doesn't compile, you should post the error you're getting and
> the configure options you used.

My fault.  Kaffe compiles fine but gives me the results mentioned
-- either hogging up CPU or segfaulting -- when i try to compile
even simple java programs.

> My experience is that is does not compile with egcs.  Part of
> the reason is that egcs fixed some problems with asm statements
> where gcc was more lenient in allowing incorrect statements
> and not screwing things up.  This needs to be fixed in Kaffe.
> Patches are welcome.

As i said the previous snapshot ran fine when compiled with egcs
so i got confused about the new results.  I am more into C/C++
but i will try to make a fix for it -- be patient.

 -- Holger

--
+ PGP || GnuPG key -> finger eitz at jonathan.weh.rwth-aachen.de +
+++ Debian/GNU Linux <octavian at debian.org> ++ Support Linux +++