kaffe [servlet implementation]

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Mon Apr 19 14:09:49 PDT 1999

On Mon, Apr 19, 1999 at 02:07:45PM -0600, Godmar Back wrote:

> Also, Kaffe currently has only experimental support for javax.servlet.
> In fact, JServ doesn't even compile under Kaffe with Kaffe's javax.servlet
> implementation.  Of course, it would be nice if someone fixed that and
> submitted patches to the kaffe mailing lists.

Hi,

I didn't know that kaffe already had a servlet api implementation.
Paul Siegmann and I have written an free clean room servlet api
implementation for the classpath project.

We have to clean up the build process a bit, but it is
complete and has full documentation. It can be used to compile and use
Apache JServ and comes in both a JSDK 2.0 and a JSDK 2.1 version.
(You have to use the 2.0 version with Apache JServ since that doesn't
implement the JSDK 2.1 yet.)

Could you please ask the person who wrote the kaffe implementation to
contact us. It would be a shame if we did the same work twice.

Thanks,

Mark

P.S. It is not yet included with the rest of classpath, but an early version
can be found at <http://www.klomp.org/mark/servlet-api/>.