Problems w. Compiling on WinNT

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Tue Aug 17 05:29:08 PDT 1999

On Aug 17, 1999, ahalbri2 at cscploenzke.de wrote:

>> Weird, I've just built it on Cygwin 20.1/WNT Server 4.0SP4 (maybe
>> SP3?), on a 486!!!, and it appears to be working fine.  Which versions
>> (Cygwin, WNT) are you using?

> I tried to compile the latest kaffe snapshot with Cygwin B20.1 and the
> Cygwin snapshot from January on two different Windows platforms and got
> always the same error message.

> - Windows NT 4.0 Workstation with SP3 (Build 1381) on Pentium II/350
                                               ^^^^

That's exactly the one I've got, except that it's NT Server and it's
mostly in Portuguese.

> - Windows 95 B on Pentium 150

> Maybe it would be useful to install SP 4 on NT?!?

I don't think that would help.  It must be something else...  Which
arguments are you using at configure time?  Do you have libz,
libungif, libjpeg, libpng, XFree, etc?  (I don't)

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Bra[sz]il
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,guarana.{org,com}} aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}