Cross-Compiling Kaffe to ERC32

Oscar Martinez de la Torre omt at wm.estec.esa.nl
Wed Aug 18 07:17:35 PDT 1999

Hi!

I would like to port Kaffe to SPARC microprocessor in its space version:
ERC32. I have a cross-compiler.

And I have standard header files float.h, limits.h stdarg.h stddef.h as
defined by ANSI C. And the remaining standard header files ctype.h
signal.h stdio.h string.h are also supported, buy only to the extent
that makes sense for a program running on an embedded target computer

It means that the only files available are the three standard files:
stdin, stdout and stderr.

It's the problem with fopen (also dlopen)

./libltdl/ltdl.c
/* fopen() mode flags for reading a text file */
                        FILE *file = fopen(filename,
LTDL_READTEXT_MODE);
                file = fopen(filename, LTDL_READTEXT_MODE);
./kaffe/kaffeh/main.c
                        if ((fp = fopen(fileName, "w")) == NULL) {

And I only have fgetc, fputs, getchar, ...  for stdin, stdout, stderror

I have read that Kaffe does not need a native file systems!

I would like to know yours ideas!

See you,
						Oscar

--
Óscar Martínez de la Torre
Telecommunication Engineer at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
eMail: omt at wm.estec.esa.nl - omt at etsit.upm.es