install errors

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Dec 15 12:53:58 PST 1999

Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Try completely blowing away your build directory hierarchy and
> starting over.. this is what I do,

Yeah, that's what I end up doing from time to time.  But, I really
rather not have to do that each time I change a header file.  (That is
the point of Makefiles, after all...).

Perhaps we need some regression tests for the configure/build
environment?

> ... because of basic configure/libtool/automake paranoia.

Glad to see I'm not the only one frightened by the obtuse complexity
of these tools (heh, I used to think configure was bad...).

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
		   ${HOME} is where the .emacs is.