Kaffe & Java RMI

Oleg Yurkivskyy oleg at coolavin.com
Fri Dec 17 03:02:38 PST 1999

Hi folks.

I have a problem with kaffe-snap-19991213 in Java RMI application.
You can see following small Java program, which works well with JDK.

---------------------
import java.net.*;
import java.rmi.*;
import java.rmi.registry.*;

public class ListRegistry
{
    public static void main(String args[])
    {
        String services[];
        InetAddress addr;
        try {
            System.setSecurityManager(new RMISecurityManager());

            addr = InetAddress.getLocalHost();

            System.out.println("LocalHostName: '" + addr.getHostName() +
"'");

            Registry registry = LocateRegistry.getRegistry();
            services = registry.list();

            for (int i = 0; i < services.length; i++)
                System.out.println("Service: '" + services[i] + "'");
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}
---------------------

The problem is any call to Registry, for instance   services =
registry.list();
hangs forever.
Calls like 'registry.lookup("MyServerName");' hangs forever as well.

Call
    Registry registry = LocateRegistry.getRegistry();
works well and return correct reference.

I think this is the bug in

kaffe-snap-19991213/libraries/extensions/rmi/javalib/kaffe/rmi/registry/RegistryImpl.java

Do you have any idea where can I find WORKING version of Java RMI for
Kaffe?

Thanks a lot.
Oleg.