BufferedInputReader

Kero van Gelder kero at p3130.nl.wish.net
Mon Dec 20 10:08:47 PST 1999

Hi all!

I encountered a small problem using the BufferedInputStream.
When telling it to skip a big number of bytes, it stops at the first
2k boundary (or, more precisely, from position 32 to skip 37919 bytes
lets it stop at position 2048).

Removing the BufferedInputStream and using only the
ByteArrayInputStream that is underneath works.

The funny thing is that sun/blackdown:
$ java -version
java version "1.2"
Classic VM (build Linux_JDK_1.2_pre-release-v2, native threads, sunwjit)

has _exactly_ the same problem, where _exactly_ the same solution worked.
I don't want to be rude, but who is stealing code from whom?

Yours,
Kero.

| If there were no hell to pay, would you still need a God? |
|                             -- Leah Androne               |
+--- M38C --------------- http://www.huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+