Compiling Kaffe snapshot dd 3rd February 1999 on HP-UX

Kero van Gelder gelderk at natlab.research.philips.com
Wed Feb 3 09:58:08 PST 1999

Hello All!

Managed to compile the snapshot, after removing the
 #ifndef HAVE_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS(?) & #endif
lines 91 & 94 in ltdl.c

------------------------------

gmake install
no problem

------------------------------

OK, now trying to run...

  /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libnative
  /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
  etc...
  Failed to locate native library "libnative" in path:
	  /home/gelderk/lib/kaffe:/home/gelderk/lib
  Aborting.

But /home/gelderk/lib/kaffe/libnative.a does exist...

Wait a minute, dld.sl, aren't these supposed to be shared libraries,
so libnative.sl instead of libnative.a?

So far for today,
Kero.

+--- Kero ------------------ kero at dds.nl ---+
| I ain't changed,                          |
| but I know I ain't the same               |
+--- M38C --- http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+