[Kaffe] new stack trace patch.

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Fri Feb 5 20:16:15 PST 1999

> Godmar writes

> what if an exception is thrown in a function called from
> a constructor of a throwable?  Your backtrace would have holes.

Humm,

Looks like you are right on the money with that one. My patch does
not handle that case. If you have a better place to make the change
I am all ears.

later
mo

public class ThrowableException {
    public static void main(String[] argv) throws Exception {
	new MyException();
    }
}

class MyException extends Throwable {

    public MyException() {
	throw new RuntimeException();
    }

}

JDK

% java ThrowableException
java.lang.RuntimeException
        at MyException.<init>(ThrowableException.java:11)
        at ThrowableException.main(ThrowableException.java:3)

Kaffe with my (broken) patch

% kaffe ThrowableException