[Kaffe] can the classpath project be used with Kaffe.

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Tue Feb 9 15:03:36 PST 1999

I was just reading up on the classpath project and it seem that they
are using the LGPL while Kaffe uses the GPL. Does this mean that classpath
code can not be used in the Kaffe project? My reading of the GPL seems
to indicate that it does not allow "linking" of GPL code to any non GPL
code. Does this mean that classpath can not be used in Kaffe? I am not
advocating that Kaffe's java libs be replaced, I am just saying that it
would be nice to be able to compare implementations of the java.* classes
in classpath and Kaffe. Could anyone comment on this?

Mo DeJong
dejong at cs.umn.edu