[Kaffe] problem while runing any java program on SUN / Solari s 2 .5.1

Philippe Emeriau philippe.emeriau at sophia.siemens-scg.com
Wed Feb 10 08:23:39 PST 1999

For the first trial, I did not use any special flags, like I did with the
other version of kaffe (and it works fine for this one, at least the
compilation process).
Maybe it is because I can't unpack all the files (because of this file
permission problem) ...
Cheers
Philippe

PS : here is the log when lauching configure :

emeriau at chablis{~/kaffe-snap}(576)>./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /opt/gnu_tools/bin/ginstall -c
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking for executable suffix... no
configure: error: Configuration sparc-solaris2.5.1 not supported
emeriau at chablis{~/kaffe-snap}(577)>
> configure: error: Configuration sparc-solaris2.5.1 not supported

Which flags did you pass to configure?

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}