[Kaffe] can the classpath project be used with Kaffe.

Tony Kimball alk at pobox.com
Thu Feb 11 11:57:52 PST 1999

Quoth Alexandre Oliva on , 11 February:
: Yep, but Classpath will only accept a piece of code if you assign its
: copyright to the FSF.  It's not clear to me what happens if the code
: had already been released under another more liberal license, or if
: the author can still release the code under another license.

The first is fairly clear to me: The code already licensed under other
terms remains licensed under those terms.  If that licensure permits
redistribution with implied license, that fact is unchanged by
subsequent assignments of the copyright.  Less clear to me is what
happens if you have already assigned copyright to the public domain!

The second is less clear to me.  I had understood that the assignment
of copyright to FSF was revocable on 30 days' notice, but that's
just hearsay.