[Kaffe] question about where to put new kaffe classes?

Moses DeJong dejong at cs.umn.edu
Fri Feb 12 15:12:33 PST 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Moses DeJong writes:
> > I am working on an implementation of the jar program for Kaffe.
> > Part of my implementation is a set of classes that extend the classes
> > File, FileInputStream, FileOutputStream, FileReader, and FileWriter
> > classes from the java.io package. These new classes work just like
> > the files they extend except that they will work with both unix
> > style / and windows sytle \ chars in the file name. The differs
> > from the java.io version which will support one or the other but
> > not both. At any rate, I was planning on putting them in a package

Well, if you wanted to support both / and \ as file seps then yes.
I do not think it is a good idea to require a \ in file names on
windows machines.

> Just curious.. why are these classes necessary?

It would get converted to a /. I think this is "a good thing" it provides
a means to create makefiles that will work on both unix and windows
systems without changes.

mo dejong
dejong at cs.umn.edu