Bug: Float(String)

Joerg Wittenberger Joerg.Wittenberger at pobox.com
Fri Feb 12 09:26:40 PST 1999

Hello folks,

I just installed kaffe at my machine.  Fast, small, great!  Thanks!

But when I ran one of my apps I stumpled immidiatly over a bug:
Float(String) did not work.  The resulting Float has a value of 0,
whatever the String tells originally.

There is a secod thing, which I don't understand completly yet: The
window appears with a rate of approximalty 1 out of 6 invocations.
This is so with one of my most simple apps (probably a rather clean
one, I wrote it merly for demonstration purpose for my java classes).
Another one comes up all the time.

I'm going to look into that, but I don't think that I'll have a lot of
time to throw in at the moment.

/Jerry