memory defragmentation & a question

Edouard Parmelan Edouard.Parmelan at quadratec.fr
Wed Feb 17 02:12:52 PST 1999

Joerg Wittenberger wrote:

> GB> When sending bug reports, it would be helpful to mention the
> GB> version of kaffe you're using and the platform you are running on.
> GB> Ideally, you'd also mention what configure options you passed to
> GB> configure (if any) if you built the kaffe binary yourself.
>
> It's a Linux x86 (Debian) box.  I fetched the binary (.rpm) and did
> not bother compiling it myself.
Did you also fetch libraries needed by natives kaffe libraries
as libgif, libungif, libjpeg, libpng, libgmp, ... ?

> >>  Here is Report C:
> >>
> >> When I start kawa (a nice scheme implementation in java) as "kawa
> >> -w" it always comes up (opposed to report B).  I can type as the
> >> kawa prompt, but when I press enter, nothing seems to happen.  (If
> >> I start kawa without the -w, which starts it up as a command line
> >> application, I can talk to it as expeted.)
> >>

> GB> No clue.
>
> Thats a pity.  Kawa was actually the thing I was interesed in.  What I
> need is a scheme.
I had made some patches for kawa and kaffe in the past and I think it was
before kaffe 1.0b3.  One major fix was for the flush call chain.

Compile kaffe yourself :-)

Edouard.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan                         Ingenieur Developpeur
Quadratec - Parc Club "Orsay Universite" - 14/16,rue Jean Rostand
Email: edouard.parmelan at quadratec.fr