Problems compiling on NetBSD/m68k

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Sat Feb 20 11:03:24 PST 1999

> On Feb 20, 1999, "Nicholai Benalal" <nicholai at mailcity.com> wrote:

> >> What do you mean ``they don't configure''?
>
> > I might have got everything wrong but when I enter
> > ./configure it goes on for a while but it never completes
> > at some point it just locks. I haven't looked into the problem
> > yet. I just continued to work with that old release
>
> Well, the problem can't be related with automake, because it just
> doesn't have anything to do with configure.

That's good to hear.  What I wondering though is what are macros such as
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE, AM_MAINTAINER_MODE, AM_PROG_LIBTOOL, AM_CONDITIONAL, and
AM_CONFIG_HEADER doing in configure.in if it doesn't have anything to do
with automake?

The truth is that the introduction of automake came with significant
changes to configure.in (see rev 1.47 vs 1.48).  It is not at all unlikely
that configure now does tests it didn't use to do, and that this causes
problems Nicholai is seeing.

	- Godmar