Problems compiling on NetBSD/m68k

Stefan Burstroem f94sbu at efd.lth.se
Sun Feb 21 04:36:53 PST 1999

In article <199902211940.MAA05900 at sal.cs.utah.edu> you wrote:

>> Another problem with my Amiga port of kaffe is that I have had to create a
>> completely custom libc to make sure that everything is threadsafe. Since
>> AmigaOS doesn't do file io via descriptors in a unix way I had to write my
>> own code to make sure that they are not blocking. But I guess that you
>> don't want to include this in the main kaffe tree ;)

>Sure, why not?

Because it is basically 200k tree with all the libc functions.

>>From your description, I assume that the changes are or can be localized
>to system/amiga-threads and config/m68k/amiga.  Is that not true?
>I don't see any reason why we wouldn't include them.

Well, I guess so, it would just become and extra 200k bagage to kaffe which
some people may not want. I could of course strip out all the 'safe'
functions, but the way things are implemented right now is that libc is
completely avoided to make sure that no one accidently pulls a dangerous
function from libc. On my end it would generate a linkage error and I'd
simply add that function to my safelibc.

regards, Stefan Burstroem