[FIXED] garbage in error message

Robert Zawiasa bozo at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Tue Feb 23 05:35:10 PST 1999

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Godmar Back wrote:

> Your patch, when applied to the current CVS, gives this code for me:
>
>         /* If we call out the loop then we didn't find anything */
>         SET_IO_EXCEPTION_MESSAGE(einfo, IOException, "failed to locate class");
>         hand.type = CP_INVALID;
>         /* cut off the ".class" suffix for the exception msg */
>         cname[strlen(cname) - strlen(".class")] = '\0';
>         SET_LANG_EXCEPTION_MESSAGE(einfo, NoClassDefFoundError, cname);
>
> In other words, the patch is ineffective because einfo is overwritten
> two lines down the road.

well, sorry for that, you are right.

this patch based on the feb 1. snapshot and I hesitated to submit it
immediately. before posting I applied it on the feb 22. cvs tree,
it was not rejected and I missed to check wheter it still has sense.
I must be more careful.. still exploring how to be in sync with such
a rapidly evolving source base.

Robert