[Kaffe] This week's CVS code deadlocks.

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Thu Feb 25 23:48:40 PST 1999

> Hello.
>
> Has anyone run into a thread deadlocking problem with kaffe
> from the CVS in the past week or so? I remember running some
> test cases last week and they worked, but now I seem
> to be getting a deadlock. Here is the kind of error output
> I am getting. Any ideas? I noticed a bunch of thread related
> changes in the ChangeLog but I am not sure where to being
> hunting down this problem. Could someone point me in the right
> direction?

This looks like a deadlock on the surface, but it is really is a segfault,
probably in the gc.  If you have a test case that reproduces it, run
Kaffe under gdb ("setenv KAFFE_DEBUG gdb") and see whether you can
get a backtrace.  Also, be aware of the "-vmdebug GCDIAG" option
(if you compile with DEBUG); this option can help you find the bug
should the segfault be cause by memory corruption.

	- Godmar