portability questions

Mihai Surdeanu mihai at seas.smu.edu
Sat Jan 9 15:21:03 PST 1999

1. I'm planning to update my system from Linux RH 5.0 to 5.2. I noticed
some messages on the list signaling some incompatibilities from the 2.0
kernel to the newer ones. Is kaffe working on RH 5.2?

2. On a SunOS 5.6 machine, configure breaks with the following output:
checking for gethostname... yes
checking for gethostbyname... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... yes
checking for connect... no
checking for connect in -lsocket... yes
checking for deflate in -lz... no
checking for mpz_add in -lgmp... no
checking for X... ./configure: conftestdir: does not exist

"conftestdir" is there. I used today's snapshot. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
Mihai Surdeanu		Southern Methodist University, CSE
			(214) 768 - 3054